Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Watercolor Bloom Girl Window with Lisa


Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday. It's Lisa with you again. (Didn't I just see you all?) And I have a very, very cool card to share with you today. I am in LOVE with how this turned out. I started to make something else twice, and then I saw THESE resin pieces and a little light clicked in my head and I knew exactly what to make.

Here she is:


My heart goes pitter-patter when I look at her. I wish you all could see her in real life.

Here's what I did to create this beauty. I stamped the Karlie Bloom Girl in Archival Black Ink on watercolor paper. Then I took the resin frame and figured out what part of her I wanted to be "in color" and traced inside of it.. Everything within the frame would be color, and everything outside the frame would be black and white.

Now, I could have taken a very easy road and just colored the inside of the frame and left the outside as is, but it would have looked very flat. So, the entire thing IS watercolored. ALL OF IT. Yes, there are many shades of greys, blacks, whites, silvers, etc. It was challenging, but fun. Especially her face! I added bits of Wink of Stella in clear to really make it shimmer and shine. Oh! I also added some enamel accents in black and white in a few areas, as well. It's very dimensional.



This card was so easy to make. Here is my very short supply list if you want to make one for yourself:

a) Karlie Bloom Girl Stamp
b) Watercolor Pencils
c) Resin Frame
d) Watercolor paper
e) Colored Cardstock
f) Foam Adhesive
g) Strong glue for adhering frame
h) Water & Paintbrush
i) Standard adhesive
j) Wink of Stella Pen
k) Black & White Enamel Accents

That's IT!! Anything else that you add is up to you. You certainly don't even need the last two on the list. I hope that you enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing all of your creations on the Bloom Girl Creative Group on Facebook.


5 comments:

  1. Oh Heavens!!!!! I LOVE this!!! Uniquely Beautiful!!! Fabulous job Lisa!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool idea for spotlighting a portion of that image, Lisa! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, blown away at the artistry of this bloom girl card! Definitely a unique way to showcase this beautiful stamp Jamie created :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Fox Farm Nutrients

    ReplyDelete