Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas Inspiration with Sophie Bloom Girl and Lisa

Hi everyone! It's Lisa back on the blog with you today. I'm sharing a card with you today that (of course is HERE), but will also be seen over on Prima's blog as with rest of the Bloom Girls DT. We're participating in their 12 Days of Christmas Cards this week so this card and so many of the rest of the team have cards to share.


I used Jamie's gorgeous Sophie Bloom Girl stamp as my focal point here. But, when I was going through my stash I realized I didn't have much in the way of Christmas paper!! Such a travesty, I know. However, I do have papers from Prima that could serve double duty and once I pulled those out I knew exactly what to do. Yay!!

The paper collection that I used is Free Spirit. And I colored Sophie with Copic markers (I use the term loosely since I'm still really bad at it...Lol!!). Then I knew I just wanted everything else to be in shades of gold, cream, white, that kind of thing. And it really makes the reds and greens "pop" more. It's always fun going through all my flowers and embellishments finding just the right things. :)

Here's another angle:


In this photo you can really see all of that dimension! It's a heavy card. And lots of pretty shimmeriness on it. (I think I just made up a word.)

And a little close-up of her pretty face. (I even gave her a teeny tiny earring!)


I hope you enjoyed my card today, but more so I hope that you got inspired by what you can do from NON-traditional Christmas elements. There isn't a Christmas sentiment on this card and yet, I think, it still looks very Christmas-y. Don't you?

Don't forget to check out the Prima blog for ALL of the Bloom Girls awesome creations! You are sure to be inspired.

Have a wonderful week!








3 comments:

  1. YESSSS!!! I get all the warm feelings of Christmas from this card! The detail of the small earring is such a "gem" (pun intended! LOL). I also think you are getting better at coloring day by day, I'm impressed! Way to go my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Lisa. Love the coloring and the gorgeous flowers and layers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your colouring is excellent!
    Your card is beautiful :o)
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete