Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas with Bloom Girl Gardenia

Today I am sharing a Christmas card I made with the Bloom Girl Gardenia stamp.
This is my first attempt at using some of the Mixed Media things I see everyone doing.
I know this is nowhere near what some of the Mixed Media Guru's do, but, hey, it's my first attempt.



The Bloom Girl stamps are just amazing if you like to use lots of layers and lots of different mediums.


I used my new FAVORITE papers from Prima's Cigar Box Secrets for my backgrounds.
I colored with Derwent's Inktense Watercolor pencils and used a collage decoupage to seal and glue everything together.


I added snowflakes, Prima Finnabair metal trinkets, Prima Flowers and little candies to complete the Christmas look.


I love the way this turned out and I hope you like it too.  I was nervous to try my hand at the mixed media techniques, but now, I think I might be hooked.

Thanks for stopping by today.  This has been Jeannie from The Polka Cabana with today's Bloom Girl Design Team post.

5 comments:

  1. It truly is beautiful...I love how it turned out, too!! Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! I love how interesting her face is with your pattern background! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies...for your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love the snowflakes and candies

    ReplyDelete