Friday, December 19, 2014

New Bloom Stamp Art Journal Page with Janine Koczwara

Hi everyone it's Janine Koczwara here and to say I was a little excited to receive some new Prima Bloom Girl stamps is an understatement!  It is amazing what new product can do for a girls creativity!  I set about stamping and colouring a couple of these beauties straight away!  My default method of colouring is Alcohol Markers and coloured pencils.  I like the feel of it and I find it the easiest way for me to colour images and get deeper shading results that I am pleased with.


With such a gorgeous stamp I felt the call of the mermaid art journal page!  I went straight for Teals and Blues to create this background for my pretty little Mermaid.  I started with an acrylic paint base and layered in some masking with one of the New Bloom Stencils and then some subtle stamping for additional background texture.

I wanted her to be hiding behind a rock with a tail sweeping from behind, most of it not visible.  I am a novice to drawing, so I pulled up a reference image of a rock and sketched it onto Prima Bloom Watercolour Paper, adding deeper shadows with Caran deAche Neocolours II, before applying it with matte gel to the page.  I created the tail in exactly the same way, but added Glass Bead Gel to it for a rougher shimmery surface.



Finally, I really am trying to explore using my own hand writing on my journal pages.  Learning to draw and create my own lettering is one of my goals to stretch myself creatively.  I practiced a couple of different styles on copy paper to see what style I wanted before ruling lines on my art journal page and penciling in my letting.  Once satisfied, I went over it all with Pitt Artist Pen in Black and a final touch of glitter to give it something a bit extra.


I love using Jamie's new Bloom Stamps for my art journaling.  I can work on my shading skills while also challenging myself to try drawing other elements, and practice lettering to compliment the pages, knowing it is just in my journal, a place that is safe to practice and try.  If I like it I can photograph it and share.  I really do recommend starting an art journal and having a wonderful play in it's pages.

You are all going to LOVE the new release Bloom Girl products Jamie has designed!  There are so many awesome stencils and stamps for you that will totally inspire creativity!

Products Used:
980344  Prima Bloom Stamp Sirena
980399  Prima Bloom Stencil Spark
980269  Prima Bloom Watercolor Paper Pad
961992  Prima Cling Stamp Dream On
961978  Prima Cling Stamp Net and Wire
Prima Random Circles Stencil
Alcohol Markers
Prismacolor Pencils
Derwent Inktense Pencils
Caran deAche Neocolors II
Prima Heavy Gesso
Prima Soft Matte Gel
Luminarte Polished Pigment Powders
Liquitex Glass  Bead Gel
Sharpie Black Pen
Sharpie White Paint Pen
Faber Castell Big Brush Markers
Faber Castell Pitt Pens
Ranger Stickles
Ranger Archival Ink Black
Memento Black Ink



2 comments:

  1. Janine ....absolutely stunning !!!! Looove the new Bloom Sirena girl stamp! Can't wait till she is available!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, great work Janine...she's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete