Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mixed Media Layout with GDT Sherry!

Hey everyone, Sherry here:) I just wanted to share with you this little gem inspired by my nieces Princess Party birthday! 

With Frozen on the brain, I used a variety of cut outs from the Silhouette Cameo, distressed inks, flowers, mechanicals, a few Bloom Girls brads and tons of stencils and mediums, I created this fun, bubbly, layered layout!

I applied Gardenia with her stencil and a brown resist chalk edger! 

I sprayed my girl silhouette and half my flowers with Bloom sprays. I mixed gel medium with Lindy's Stamp Gang magicals to apply through a bubble stencil onto girl silhouette. 

Using extra papers/stickers from my stash I layered some under my main photo (after enhancing with Faber-Castell gelatos) 




Using a variety of stencils (snowflakes, 'princess', bubbles) and a variety of mediums (molding paste, gloss gel medium mixed with magicals, matte gel medium)
 

Adhere girl silhouette with pop dots to the center right of the layout blowing towards the top left corner. 

I enhanced my silhouette cut bubbles with crackle paste and distressed ink. I adhered photos (with the exception of the main photo) to show through random bubbles. Cut into 3-5 bubble sections. Adhere a few sets of bubble without the photos so they appear to be blown from the girl towards too left corner. Adhere main photo onto coordinating paper using pop dots then adhering it on the top left section. Arrange all other bubbles, including the ones with photos in them, around the main photo. 

Arrange flowers, mechanicals and brads to the bottom right to tie it all in!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Look at all that texture. What a great project. I love all the colors and embellishments you have going on.

    ReplyDelete