Hi bloomies (it's okay if I call you that, isn't it?)! It's Lisa
back with you and another project to share. I decided to make a collage canvas using the Paige Bloom Girl
and show you my steps. Here is what I made:
She is soooo pretty, don't you agree? I don't think there's anything you could do to her to make her look ugly. Hahha!
Let's take a look at what I did to create her:
1. Start by gathering up the papers wanted to create the background. * I usually do a "dry fit" and take a pic with my iPhone.
2, Rub Gelatos® in various shades over canvas. This is just so that there is color peeking through any empty spots instead of white. Not a necessary step, but something I really like to do.
3. Using the "dry fit" photo adhere the papers to the canvas using Gel Medium. *Be sure to use a very dry brush (even though it will become wet in the Gel Medium) to prevent the Gelatos® from smearing, if used. Be certain to apply the Gel Medium both under the paper and on top. Either heat set or air dry. Once dry, trim off excess paper.
4. At "seams" of paper, apply either Gelatos®, PITT Artist Stampers Big Brush Pens, or other color medium.
5. Place the Bubble Stencil over the background that is being created and using the Color Bloom Spray in Soft Teal and Tangerine and spray over the background. Tilt to drip (if desired). Dab off excess. Then take cap off Color Bloom Spray in Gold Foil and tap onto background. Spritz lightly with water to drip.
6. Add contrast to larger circles with PITT Artist Stampers Big Brush Pens. Blend with fingers.
7. Stamp Paige Bloom Girl
onto white tissue paper using Coffee Archival Ink. * I like to use a piece of paper under the tissue paper and a foam mat under that to ensure even pressure of the stamp and a crisp image.
8. Adhere the tissue paper Paige Bloom Girl
onto the background again using Gel Medium. Heat set or allow to dry.
9. Begin to embellish as desired! I can't tell other people how to embellish a project. This is personal preference. (I used all PITT Artist Stamper's Big Brush Pens to color since they are highly blendable with your fingers.) Other items used: Prima Trim, Prima Flowers, rub-ons, and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Texture Luxe & Texture Gems.
(You should be able to see the coloring in photo 9 start to take place.)
Here are some close ups of the finished project:
and of the bottom...
I love that sweet, secret little surprise!
Here is the list of products that I used:
Prima Bloom Girl Stamp (Jamie Dougherty Designs): Paige– 980554
Color Bloom Sprays: Vintage Metal – Gold Foil – 573805, Tangerine – 573935, Soft Teal - 573782
Prima Stencil: Bubble - 960445
*Cartographer Adventurer – 574529
*Bloom Radiant Petals – 575205
*Bloom Freshly Picked – 575212
*Bloom Sunkissed - 575182
Paper: Coffee Break – 846985
Trim - 573614
Ranger Archival Ink – Coffee
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®: PITT Artist Stamper’s Big Brush Pens – Black (199), Warm Grey IV (273), Nougat (178), Permanent Green Olive (167), May Green (170), Magenta (133). Texture Luxe – Gold, Pearl. Texture Gems – Gold, Clear. Gelatos® - Metallic Mint, Metallic Melon, Butter Cream. Gel Medium.