Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas with GDT Samara!


WOW…this piece is seriously one of my favorites.  I played with a lot
of images before I settled on all these components coming together.
First, I selected the Jing stamp and colored her on Copic X-Press It
card stock using a variety of Copic Markers.  I added LuminArte
Twinkling H20s in Guatemalan Green, and Apricot Nectar to the flowers
in Jing’s hair.  I then very carefully cut her out.  I used a black
copic marker to carefully outline the sides so that the white cut line
wasn’t visible.  I set her aside while I prepared the canvas panel.


 


For the canvas panel, I used a variety of Liquitex and Golden acrylic
paints in coordinating colors.    I then used Dylusions sprays again
in coordinating colors.  Finally I used Gelatos by Faber Castell.  I
was able to create texture by using the foam dot brush in water to
remove the Dylusions and to add Gelatos.    I used Matte Medium to
carefully add Jing to the canvas paying close attention to not allow
the Matte Medium onto the front.  I added the canvas letters from
Prima (love) after carefully adding Dylusions inks.    I hand lettered
“Real” onto Copic EX-Press it and carefully cut out.  I adhered “love”
and “real” to the canvas panel and then hand lettered the remaining
phrase directly to the canvas using a Faber Castell PITT pen.

Now it was time to add the flowers.  I opened up all my flower
packages and went to town carefully layering.    Because I don’t
initially glue the embellishments down, I usually photograph my final
arrangement, remove them from the canvas and then using the photo
carefully build the piece back up.    I absolutely adore this piece
and have plans on framing her in a 3D frame (so that then flowers
don’t get smashes) and displaying her in my living room.
 





Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment